Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yahoo

Yahoo
Things are moving along with the apartment, Luis has finished painting and the glass is in the door. The fellow delivered our dresser yesterday as promised. I went uptown yesterday and purchased material for the two livingroom windows and curtain rods. When I returned home we decided to catch a bus and go and look at another store in a different area. We had noticed a small side table there that we thought might work between our chairs in the livingroom. The saleslady at the shop gave us the top tier price so we left without purchasing the table, we then walked down to the home of the fellow who makes wooden bed frames, we purchased one from him and it is to be delivered this morning between 8 and 9 AM. The other things that we purchased on Monday are to be delivered tomorrow morning and we will be able to move upstairs. One of the items to be delivered tomorrow is the bed mattress. Luis was telling us that we should move up there today, I told him we were not moving until the bed came. He was laughing and said we could sleep on the floor (which he has been doing). I told him that Roy could sleep on the floor; but that I wasn't going to. He thought that was pretty funny, he must think that we are pretty soft. Later on in the afternoon, I got busy and made one set of curtains while Roy went upstairs to sweep the floor. He also swept and washed the deck off and the 3 guys were laughing as I guess Irene almost got a dirty shower when the water started coming off the deck and she was standing down below. Irene said they were all out to get her as they passed blame from one to another. All three of them were sitting on the step together and Ciro said they were like the 3 monkeys-"see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil",we all laughed at that one, as none of them looked very innocent. I told them they were more like the 3 stooges, which Irene thought was funny.
It really seemed hot yesterday when we were walking, so when we got home I put out the thermometer-39 C. or around 102 F.; still cooler than Phoenix, which I noticed one day hit 112 F..
I have been trying to set up Yahoo internet phone out service the last couple of days. Last night it was activated, so I decided to try it out. I called my mother in Saskatchewan, Canada and it was like talking to her right in the same room. There was no lag time, great voice quality, etc.. She was totally amazed when I told her that I was calling her from my computer. I then called my sister and brother in law and had a nice chat with them. I have to say that at the moment I am totally impressed with the service, I hope that it continues to work this well.
Today I need to go back uptown, after the bed frame arrives and will also try to finish the other livingroom curtain.

No comments: