Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Don't Like Spiders And Snakes!

I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes!
Yesterday afternoon and this morning reminded me of this old song, well not spiders exactly; but close enough. On my way from the computer to the kitchen yesterday afternoon I noticed a Scorpion just wandering in from under the door (despite the weather stripping that Ciro screwed on the door). Needless to say I IMMEDIATELY dispatched him with the fly swatter. I have been getting lazy and careless about jumping out of bed barefooted in the night to go to the bathroom and this reminded me that there are other beasties afoot besides me.
This morning on our way back to Guaymas from our weekly breakfast in San Carlos a large bird flew across the road in front of the car. In his/her (womens equality at work here) talons was a very long, very ugly (in my opinion) snake. In its haste to get out of our way the bird dropped the snake at the edge of the road. I have been afraid of snakes since I almost sat on a very tiny garter snake when I was young or perhaps it is just some of Eves DNA surfacing! Whatever the reason for my fear, I had shivers run up my spine at the sight of this snake. Needless to say we DID NOT stop to try and resuscitate the snake; although Roy did (very nicely) offer to.

1 comment:

Billie Mercer said...

Brenda,
We had some scorpions when we first moved into our house...especially after a big rain. Ned sprays the "baseboards" about once a year with Home Defense and we haven't seen one in about a year. But I still shake my clothes and shoes before I put them on.