Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tacos de Pesca-Fish Tacos

Tacos de Pesca-Fish Tacos
We had ordered some fresh fish (dorado) from Nancys mom, a couple of days ago. This morning Irene came over with our bag of fish. I don't know how much it weighed but there is enough fish for us for about 3 meals, the price $3.50. I love fish tacos, so immediately decided on the menu for supper . I still have some mango salsa left from the batch I made last week and that goes very well with the fish. Roy is not a great lover of fish, comes from working on a fishing boat in his youth; but even he enjoyed the tacos and decided that it was something that would bear re-making. After stuffing ourselves, we decided to go and sit outside and see what the neighborhood was up to. We sat on the step, relaxing and listening to the evening sounds. The sounds of the children on their way to the store, the neighbor getting some water from another neighbor, the songs of the crickety sounding insects. Sitting there just looking at the lights of the houses halfway up the mountains, the soft breeze whispering over our skin, the quiet evening sinking into our souls. Thinking how lucky we are to be living our dream. A Praying Mantis came and landed first on Roy and then on me. Ciro, Irene, and Luis came out and we teased Luis about watching the tele-novela (mexican type soap opera), then Carlos returned from an overnight trip to Navajoa, and some relatives of Irenes came over to visit with their grandbaby. The volume of the quiet evening turned up a little; but in the background the stars were still shining and the air remained still and warm. It's just a normal evening here in our new home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMM! I love those fish tacos - Anita learned how to make a fine rendition - so now I can have them at home when I am lucky.

John