Rain!
We were treated yesterday morning to a massive rain storm. The clouds rolled in getting darker and darker, the lightning flashed brightly and the thunder crashed and boomed around us. The rain poured straight down in a blinding sheet. The street turned into a river and the 3 local street dogs had no idea what to do. We were all downstairs under the terrazo roof watching the storm and the dogs. The one red dog, who adopted us last winter and continues to sleep in the shade under the car, was the first to brave the street river to cross and run to hide under the car. One other followed him quickly; but the third was more timid. She stood hesitantly watching the river rush by her, pacing back and forth, afraid to cross. Then an enormous boom of thunder made the decision for her, she ran up the hill a ways and rushed across the road river and dived under the car. Unlike the people, they were not impressed with the rain, funny for us to watch though. Roy and little Brittany had fun playing in the rain, he was teasing her that he was going to hold her under the water pouring off of the roof. She kept getting closer and closer and eventually they were both soaking wet. We watched the storm until it finished and then back to work, finishing the move. The downstairs apartment is now cleaned and I gave the keys back to the landlord, so our home of almost 8 months is now awaiting a new tenant. I still have lots of sorting and putting away to do upstairs and we have a couple of things to get yet; but are in no rush. The basics are done and the rest is just fine tuning. Last night again clouds moved in and the thunder and lightning returned, putting on another show for us to watch. It hadn't started to rain yet when we went to bed; but it did rain at some point overnight.
I brought up our hummingbird feeder and hung it along with a bird feeder that Ciro had given us. When Ciro and then Irenes brother and his wife came up to watch the sunset last night the hummers were flying so close to our heads, that I said I might have to put up a sign to warn everyone to watch out for them. I may have to move it to the mango tree; but the ants get into it so bad when it is hung on the trees.
I used the Yahoo phone out again yesterday to call my mother in law in Canada and it worked great again. It was nice to chat with her and she was surprised to hear that I was calling her from the computer.
Today will be grocery day as we are out of almost everything. It is also tianguis day; but am not sure if we will go or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment