We Have Furniture
I think that I had mentioned that we purchased a wooden bed frame from a fellow who has them all sitting outside his house. He had said that he would deliver it to us between 8 and 9 AM Wednesday morning, he arrived with it shortly after 9 and he and Roy managed to get it upstairs. We decided to ask him if he could build the cover/lid for our storage box outside. A lot of what he told us I couldn't understand; but did get the idea that we needed a "specialist" or a "carpintario". OK, no problem we told him. To our surprise that afternoon a carpenter and his son showed up on our doorstep, apparently the bed fellow had called him for us (wonder if he gets a commission?). Or, maybe he is the fellow who builds the bedframes and the other fellow just sells them, who knows? Regardless, he measured and added and decided on a price for the cover. We asked him how long, as we are leaving around the 2nd of Sept. for New Mexico. Oh, not long he told us, maybe 3 days. Ciro was wondering what was going on, when I explained he just shook his head and said "Wow", he is having such problems with getting things done, mostly air conditioning stuff, though. Speaking of air conditioners, we are having problems with the new one in our livingroom, so have not moved up there as yet. The water just runs out of one side, well, it was just one side until Ciro tried to level it and must have done a good job as now the water runs out of both sides. Very funny, NOT! The fellow is supposed to show up this morning to rectify that, we will see. The stove, mattress and computer desks were delivered yesterday morning as promised and are upstairs now. I finished sewing the curtains and we hung the rods the other night, so the curtains are all up now. Originally, I was going to make green drapes in the bedroom as the bathroom is all done in greens (bathroom ajoins the bedroom); but when the saleslady gave us the gift of bedspread and pillow shams they were in a patterned navy. So I went with plain navy for the curtains. I hadn't been able to find what I liked in green, so perhaps it was fate. A lot of the curtain material here is large floral print, which is not my thing, so opted for as plain as I could get as the rooms are so small. It is beginning to look like home. I haven't been buying many groceries the last couple of days, so last night we went out for supper. We had missed our Sunday morning breakfast at our friends restaurant in San Carlos, so decided to go out there. On the way back we stopped at one of the large supermarkets and bought a blind for the door window and a shelf thing that fits over the toilet in the bathroom to hold our towels, etc.. We don't have too many things left to purchase, a stand for the TV, a small table for in between our recliners and are still debating a microwave. I have never used one very much; but there are times when it would come in handy, so we will see. I also need to get the connectors for the stove to the gas line, the tank to the gas line and also to the water heater (which so far is non-existent). We won't need hot water until around December or so, as the water coming from the tinaco (water storage tank on roof) is showering temperature til then just from the sun. I also will need to get some foam slabs and material to make cushions for our sitting/storage box outside and some material for slip covers for the recliners, etc.. So still some work to do; but lots of time to do it. We will wait until we return from New Mexico until we buy any plants for the patio, as we don't want to bother Ciro to water them while we are gone, besides it will be cooler for them when we get back. We won't have the partial roof over our deck or the floor tiles on it until Luis returns sometime in November or December. He leaves on Saturday to go home to Obregon to work on another house there for a couple of months. I hope he remembers to return here. He is excited about going home, reminds me of the kids counting how many "sleeps" before Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment