Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Love This Weather

Love This Weather
We awoke to another beautiful day, made more so by watching the forecasts of snow up north.
I read an online magazine called The Practically Creative Quarterly, it is full of all kinds of interesting things. This morning I got an email saying that their new issue was ready for viewing. A couple of months ago I had sent a photo in to them and this morning I was surprised to see that they had printed it. I have a feeling that if they printed my photo, then they probably print everything that is submitted to them; but it was still a nice surprise. If you would like to see the photo and read the magazine here is the URL. http://www.practicallycreative.net/home.html
Another blog I read has a post about costs in Mexico right now, it is interesting to us as we are not really sure yet what it will be like. We have been in contact with someone down there who has been looking for an apartment for us to live in. His wifes aunt is currently working on a couple of small apts. and we think that we will likely rent one of them. The cost for that small, 1 bedroom apt. with utilities would be 2200 pesos; we will see what it is like when we get there.
We are finding that the prices in the US for some things are higher than in Canada. The groceries are at least as costly and in some cases more expensive. One grocery store we went to the other day wanted $4.57 per LB. for ground beef, this is more than we pay per kilogram! Needless to say it stayed there. We did shop around and found a grocery with more reasonable prices; but even so the price for tomatoes seems to be $1.99 per lb., when we left home we were paying $.99, all in all the produce prices seem to be quite high. Which is disappointing as I am not a big meat eater.
Hasta Luego

1 comment:

Billie Mercer said...

Brenda, for about $11/kilo I buy filet mignon (Filete de res sin cordon) at my favorite butcher shop here and it is delicious and tender. Two one-inch thick pork chops for about $2.50. And San Miguel is the high rent district. I think you will find food costs quite reasonable in Mexico.
Billie