Friday, September 09, 2005

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmmm

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm.....
12 days to go! Yesterday we both went to the Doctor and got our prescriptions, etc. for when we are gone, so that is done. I finished up the last few things in the yard. It's getting closer.
We are still watching the Hurricane Katrina news on T.V., here is a Webshots photo album with pictures of the devastation posted by people in the area. http://www.webshots.com/collections/hurricane/hurricane_0.html
We have also been doing some reading online, I find it interesting that a subsidiary of Haliburton has the contract to do the cleanup for disasters (not just in New Orleans, it is a general type contract, if I understood it correctly). This morning, heard that Bush had signed a bill saying that people working for contractors (you know, the people who have lost everything) at the disaster cleanup will not have to be paid the average wage. So....... Haliburton basically has the contracts and now will not have to pay the laborers even the "going rate". Hmmmmm..... guess who will benefit the most from the 50 some billion dollar relief fund, to be administered by FEMA?? The wonders of politics, and patronage!!! When all is said and done, will the average person who really needs the assistance get any?
I also came across Goggle Print. You can search book pages online which I think is nice. Here is that link: http://print.google.com/
Adios

No comments: