Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hanging Out With The Birds

Hanging Out With The Birds
It was another beautiful day today, 32 C./90 F., no discernable breeze, some high faint clouds and the wonderful sun shining down on us. Just plain old lovely March weather.
Roy and Ciro were going to go fishing; but Ciro ended up having to cancel, as they had a problem with their water, I think the piece in the toilet tank broke so he had to fix it. No problem, it was nice outside in the shade so we sat and watched the birds eating. Besides feeding the hummingbirds I have been feeding the sparrows (I think) and they have come to expect it. They are getting braver about coming to eat when we are sitting outside now and we just sat and watched them and looked around us with the binoculars. There are an assortment of birds here, which I really should look up and properly identify; but so far I haven't. We have a few pidgeons, some doves, a woodpecker, a thrush type and some little ones that have a canary look to them and of course the large eagles that soar high overhead. I told Roy we were going to have to move more often as they were circling quite close today, maybe they thought we were deceased and were looking for their supper.
Sparrow??


The sparrows now sit on the powerline chirping every morning, waiting until I go and throw something out for them to eat. It's like the drive through line at a fast food restaurant.
I found some seedlings growing in one of my pots and am thinking that maybe they are from the orange seeds that I threw in there one day awhile back. I transplanted them today, and will wait and see what develops.

No comments: