Eye Examinations
We decided yesterday morning to try the fishing. There was no wind and it was a beautiful morning to just sit and relax and look at the view. Roy caught one right away and then we sat with no bites for the rest of the time. We saved the one that Roy caught and gave it to Ciro when we got home. The breeze started to come up, so we headed to our friends restaurant for a bit of breakfast and visiting. I had been looking to borrow the book, The Zone of Tolerance by David E. Stuart and someone had kindly said that they would loan theirs to me. They had dropped it off at the restaurant, so I wanted to pick that up also. A nice morning.
This morning we headed uptown intent on having eye examinations. Roys arms are getting too short and I thought that my glasses needed an upgrade. We stopped at one place and were told that the doctor would be there in 10 minutes or so. Instead of waiting inside, we stepped outside and a fellow stopped to chat with us, we chatted with him until the lady motioned to us that the doctor was there. The doctors english was quite good and the examinations were painless. As we expected Roy needed reading glasses and we decided on bifocals so that he doesn't have to take them off everytime he gets up. Cost of his glasses--bifocal lenses $450 pesos (about $45.00), frames $450 pesos for a total of 900 pesos (about $90.00). Not too bad. Mine did need upgrading and I decided to keep my old frames as they are in good shape yet. Cost of my lenses were more as they are a little more involved, and I got the transitional, coated ones for 2000 pesos (about $200.00), which is about 1/2 the price that I paid for them in Canada 4 or 5 yrs. ago. Roys should be ready tomorrow and mine should be ready on Friday.
We then stopped at a dentist and I got an appointment for a filling on Wednesday. One of my old fillings has been bothering me, so I thought I should get it taken care of before we head over to the Baja in May. I decided to try another dentist this time, just to have a comparison. The receptionist said that a filling is 400 pesos, (about $40.00) so we will see on Wednesday.
We then headed to the bank and then over to a computer store to look around before heading home. We accomplished what we set out to do, and had some interesting conversation while doing it.

1 comment:
I tried bifocals years ago and they bothered me so much that I quit using them. Hope they work better for Roy.
Post a Comment