Saturday, February 03, 2007

Onward And Upward

Onward And Upward
The guys had started working on the railings yesterday morning before I finished blogging and continued for most of the day. There was some discussion about whether to even put the part up, that is shown on the left hand side of this photo (the unpainted part). Ciro asked us whether we wanted it and we told him it was up to him, it didn't matter to us. He finally decided to put it there in case we wanted a gate sometime.
They then left an opening part way down the stairs (on the right hand of the photo below), so that they can access their roof without coming up onto our patio.

Apparently the plan is to sometime have a privacy wall of some sort (ironwork) going from the unpainted corner on the right hand side of the photo below to the other end of our patio and then a sun roof over part of it. It is hard to say when that will happen, as it is so hard to find workers right now, everyone is so busy working in Miramar and San Carlos.

Ciro started painting the railing while the guys were working on the other parts of it. I think he is trying to do it before it starts to rust, which happens quickly here in the salt air. Fine with us.
I went to the laundromat and washed the clothes, and picked up a few things at the store that we need for our trip. Roy then hung the laundry to dry while I did some cleaning in the house. Other than that we just spend the day relaxing and watching the work going on. I made shrimp tacos for supper. I am trying to use up the meat that I have in the freezer before we leave just in case the fridge goes off while we are gone. We are down to bacon and shrimp now, so tonight we are having cheese stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon. Now doesn't that sound like a cholesterol nightmare!! Should be good with some rice and tomatoes on the side. I think I will go and pay the cable/internet bill today and not have to worry about rushing to do it when we get back. It has to be paid by the 13th of the month. I also need to pull all the plants into the shady area of the patio so that they won't dry out too much while we are gone, I will water them well and hopefully they will be fine until we get back.
Tomorrow we will pack and leave on the bus around 9PM, supposedly getting into San Luis Rio Colorado at around 8AM the next morning. I say supposedly, because going north you never know how long a trip will take, it depends on how many checkstops they have that particular day, on that particular stretch of road, could be 1, could be 5, or more. You just never know.

1 comment:

Gary said...

I like those a lot. If you were in Canada you would have to worry about slipping on those stairs every time there was ice.