Is Spring Here?
It is another beautiful morning here. Has spring arrived? When I looked at the thermometer this morning at just after 8 AM it was 75 F./24 C., no wind, no clouds, lovely bright blue sky. The mango and lime trees are blooming, the roosters are crowing, the dogs are sleeping. The coffee is right in front of me. What more could you ask for? Life is good.Blossoms on a lime tree.
Mango tree in bloom.
A closer look at a Mango blossom.
I did go to spanish class yesterday and the teacher showed up. This was good. She gave us an exam. This was bad. We whined, she made it an open book test. This was? Questionable. I did well on the vocabulary part, I think--the verbs on the other hand, UGH. I thought I was getting them until I stared at that test page, I tend to blank out on exams anyway and when facing spanish verbs this is not a good thing. Oh well, I knew I needed to work harder on them and this only confirmed what I already knew. So....why am I playing around on here instead of working on my verbs? I guess the answer is--because I am basically lazy.

2 comments:
Spoken Spanish grammer is easier than written Spanish grammer because Mexicans, especially the less educated ones, use the present tense way more than English speakers. So try to focus more on learning the present tense.
By the way, I don't speak Spanish. I mostly just fake it.LOL.
By the way, there is a terrific paperback book called "Breaking out of Beginner's Spanish" that is definately the most helpful book about conversational Spanish that I have ever read. As I learned more and more Spanish I found that almost everything it says is true. See if you can find it. Maybe on the internet.
Thanks for the suggestions, Gary.
Brenda
Post a Comment