Saturday, February 17, 2007

Carnaval Parade -Number One

Carnaval Parade-Number One
Last evening Ciro came up to show Roy a bunch of new hooks he had gotten for fishing. They wanted to try using them, so after looking at the tide chart they decided to go fishing this morning at 6 AM. After they left this morning, I decided to bake cinnamon buns and regular buns. While the buns were rising I did some cleaning in the apartment. While they were baking I called both my mother in law and mother and had nice chats with them both.
When Roy returned from fishing we had some lunch and a rest before heading out to the parade. The schedule had said that the parade was to start at 3 PM; so we left home around 2 and walked down to a place on the route right by the water. The parade did not start until almost 5 PM, so we had a coke and joked around with some of the children sitting near us while we waited. There was the cutest little girl in a pretty dress, so I asked her mom if I could take her photo. Her mom said that was fine, and as I snapped the photo the little girl put both her hands up to her face. Her mom told her to put her hands down and then she gave me a more "professional pose". A real little cutie.



There are more photos of the carnaval and all the floats here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/557701929NfQGBB?vhost=travel
I did a little movie and put it on WebShots, here it is:



The band at the beginning of the video were waiting for the parade to begin right where we were sitting. At first they did some practising while waiting, so I took the video while they were practising.
There are parades tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, so I imagine that we will be taking in more of the carnaval in the days to come.

No comments: