Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Chores

Chores
Not too much happening here the last few days. I went to spanish class yesterday and then made deep fried shrimp and shrimp fried rice for supper.
This morning I decided it was time to do laundry, so loaded the car and went to the lavenderia. Instead of hanging around waiting while the laundry washed, I walked 2 blocks and got my prescription filled at the farmacia and then walked back to the laundry. I had noticed a hair salon across the street from the laundry before, so I then went and got a haircut. Now that's what I call a good use of my time!
Spanish class this afternoon again.
Tomorrow if it is nice, we may take the local bus to a small town called San Jose de Guaymas. There is an old church there that I would like to see and it is where the city of Guaymas started out apparently. Here is a quote that I found on a site: http://www.si-sancarlos.com/The%20History.html "In 1701, Padres Salvatierra and Kino founded a short-lived mission settlement in Guaymas. The mission was soon destroyed by the Guaymenas Indians, but another attempt was made in 1769. This proved to be successful, and the new town of San Jose de Guaymas was named." We have been through the town with Ciro and Irene; but we have never really stopped and looked around. So, maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Billie Mercer said...

Are people back in Canada still asking you what you do with your time? This is a great example of what we do. Oh, it is less frantic than our working days but still I can't imagine being bored.

Brenda Maas said...

No, Billie, no one is asking right now. Every once in awhile I just like to mention what a day is like here, just to let people know that regardless of being retired the everyday chores always continue, even in paradise. LOL
Brenda