Sunday In Centro
When we arrived at the Plaza de Tres Presidentes to view the art exhibit there was nothing but wide open spaces. We continued on to the 13 de Julio park by the Iglesia de San Fernando to sit and relax and feed the pigeons. Here there were some stalls starting to set up with handmade crafts and also one exhibit of photos. According to what I had read the exhibit was to have been done by adult students at Conelep sponsered by DIF Guaymas (learning and making embroidered ribbon and painting work and other things). I am not sure if this was the same thing, just moved to another venue or if it was something else entirely. Whatever, there was some lovely things and we wandered around looking at everything. Most of it was Christmas decorations and yes, we do have snowmen in Guaymas--in fact there are whole families of them.

We stopped at chatted with one fellow who had photographs on display of Guaymas/Miramar/San Carlos. He had some nice evening shots and we chatted for quite awhile with him.
We walked around the churchyard and looked at their nativity scene, so far the only live animals in it are rabbits and chicks. Last year they had sheep and other things so I imagine they will this year as well. The nativity scene is lovely. We chuckled with a grandma with her two grandsons, she was trying to get them to pose nicely for her and they of course being boys, kept goofing around. There were more crafts in the churchyard, so we looked at them also.
Bunnies in the Nativity scene.

We then went and sat down on a park bench to feed the pigeons. I had taken a bag of dry bread/tortillas with us today (usually I forget or else we go when we are just uptown and I don't have anything with me). The birds seemed to be more nervous today than other days and we had to take our time to get them to eat out of our hands, none of them ever did perch on our hands or anywhere. The same grandma was there with the boys, so I gave one of them a bread crust; but he was more interested in feeding them his chips. His grandma came over for a second and said, "every Sunday it is the same thing", and we all laughed. They are definately energetic young fellows.
One of our feathery friends.

Birds in flight.
Palacio Municipal in its Christmas dressing.
We headed home and while Roy watched his NFL, I washed some clothes and washed off the patio. We were going to go back uptown for dinner; but we got lazy and ended up staying home and eating.



1 comment:
Wow! Life in the fast lane, huh. Sounds like a really nice, relaxed kind of day. Apparently you both speak Spanish pretty well. I'm envious. I only have bits & pieces of various languages but speak none well (maybe not even English!).
Post a Comment