Monday, December 04, 2006

Dentist- Part One

Dentist--Part One
I have been losing little bits and pieces of filling from one of my teeth since we were in Albuquerque in September. I hadn't done anything about it so far as it wasn't aching, or maybe I should say because I am scared of dentists. I know this sounds ridiculous coming from a grown woman; but it is true. A couple of nights ago I lost some more of it and it is starting to let me know that it is there, so I made up my mind on Saturday that I would go to a dentist on Monday. Seemed like a good idea on Saturday, this morning it didn't; but went anyway. The dentist that I was going to try was closed and it looks like he may have been closed for awhile. We didn't know where to go then, so I asked a fellow selling newspapers if there was a dentist close by. He told us that there was one about 4 blocks up and then another block north. On our way to find it, I spotted a sign across the street so we headed over there instead. After all one torturer is much like another torturer, no? We walked in and I managed to get across to the receptionist that I had lost part of a filling. She made an appointment for me for tomorrow morning at 10 AM. Safe for another day. While I was talking to the receptionist, I heard Roy talking in english to a lady sitting and waiting for her turn. What a surprise! Anyway, the lady told us that the dentista is actually a lady, and is very good. That made me feel a little better, well not much; but a little. Apparently she also speaks some english. We then went and sat in the plaza for awhile and headed towards home, Roy had visions of shrimp tacos in his head for lunch and we needed to go to the grocery store, also. It's Monday so the taco lady was closed, or I think this is the reason, who knows, so we got our groceries and went home. After eating, I decided I better go to the bank as I am not sure what the dentist charges will be tomorrow and I remembered that I needed to pay the cable/internet bill. Last month the cable bill had gone up by 20 pesos, not much; but I didn't think it was very fair to hand you a leaflet after I paid, that told about the increase and also that if you paid early you didn't have to pay the increase. Information too late to do me any good, oh well. Today when I paid, they took the 20 pesos extra that I paid last month off of the bill. Huh?? No explanation, no leaflet, just took it off. Maybe people complained about the lack of notice of the increase?? I don't know, all I know is that I was given back my 20 pesos. Wonder how much it will be next month? I could have paid for 2 months; but didn't, I don't know why--just didn't think about it.
Tune in tomorrow for, "dentist--part two", that is if I survive. If not, I suppose you will never know what happened.

No comments: