Around The House
I have been slacking off on the housework the last while, so yesterday was the day to get back at it. I started off by going to the laundry, on my way there I met Gary just coming back from doing his. I sat and read a book, (one Gary has borrowed to me to read), while waiting for the laundry to wash. I headed home with the wet laundry and while Roy was hanging it up to dry, I vacuumed up the current resident dust bunnies. I hadn't done laundry for awhile, and we ran out of clothespins, so I walked down to the store for some more and had a chat with the storekeeper at the same time. Irene had borrowed our vacuum cleaner the other day and when returning it she brought us up a grocery bag full of oranges and lemons. I needed to do something with these, so juiced them all. I made a jug of orange drink and then baked a couple of lemon squares. I tried a couple of new recipes off the internet; but wasn't impressed with either of them, I should have stuck to my old ones. I took a plateful of squares down to Ciro and Irene for them to try. We don't often get lemons here, most of the time, we get the little green limes; but the stores don't seem to carry regular lemons. The little green limes do ripen into little yellow ones; but they are usually eaten long before that happens. Laundry dried quickly as it was a lovely day and that was put away. The hummingbird feeder needed refilling, the wind had emptied it and the birds were not happy with the empty one, so that was done also. By this time, it was time to start dinner, so I made papas locas as I was too lazy to do anything else. A fairly boring chore day, and looks like more of the same for today. I need to go to the bank and also get a prescription filled, I was supposed to go and get my blood pressure checked twice last week and didn't do that so should do it today. I might also take the linens and towels to the laundry, I didn't do them yesterday as we don't have enough line to hang everything at once. So, yes, even in paradise chores do intrude.

3 comments:
Are people from Canada still asking you what you do all day? I think they come to mexico for a vacaion and they don't realize that when you live here.....well you do all the stuff that it takes to LIVE HERE.
Hi Billie. No one has been asking lately; but you are right they don't realise that it is different from vacationing. We don't do daily "touristy" things. Life goes along with its normal routines when you live here, just as it did back home. Although I do have to admit that our time constraints are not the same. If I don't feel like doing something one day, I leave it until the next. Somethings here take longer as you go from shop to shop here, rather than getting most things in one place. I wouldn't change it though, as it just adds to the experience and the enjoyment.
Brenda
Brenda,
I think your mind has taken a shift into Spanish....I had to laugh when I read "(one Gary has borrowed to me to read)."
;)
-Nancy
Post a Comment