Thursday, December 14, 2006

Trip To The Denist--Part Three

Trip To The Denist--Part Three
Maybe this should read Part Four, as the other day when I went for my appt. the dentist was delayed and I decided not to wait for her late return and left. Whatever. Yesterday I returned to her office at 4:30 and it was so quiet in the office that I knew she was not in. I sat down with my book to wait. She arrived in about 15 minutes and after catching up on things with her receptionist, she ushered me into the room. I had no idea of what was going to happen at this visit, other than she had told me that she would take the "impression" for the crown. When she started to get her drill ready to use, I knew it was not going to be good! She froze me in two places, and then began to drill away. Unfortunately, either the freezing hadn't taken good enough or she hadn't put enough in, and it did not feel good. She gave me some more freezing and drilled away. At this point, with the drill in my wide open mouth, I could not ask her what the process was going to be. When she took a break, I asked some questions. Was she going to remove the temporary filling that she had put in the other day to take the impression or what exactly was going on? She told me that she had to remove some of the filling to take the impression and then would put in a temporary crown and I would return for the permanent crown on next Tuesday. Now this is just me; but why didn't she do this the other day? Instead of putting in a temporary filling, why did she not do the impression and put in the temporary crown and skip one step. The only reason for this that I can think of is that she wanted to see what the x-ray showed. So, in my wimpiness I am thinking that I went through this extra step because she doesn't have an on site x-ray machine. Or, maybe not-- what do I know? After much grinding, digging, goop in my mouth, the standard dentists lecture on dental maintenance, care, etc. (in spanish), I was done. She kept laughing at me during the procedure and telling me to relax, sure, easy for her to say. Not her with the drill in her mouth. I'd be relaxed if it was in my hand not my mouth!! Anyway, after all this (now 1/2 my nose and one eye feel frozen), I am on my way out the door with instructions to return on Martes a las tres horas (Tuesday at 3 PM). Who cares, just let me out of here, I have had enough.
On a happier note, a couple of the roses have started blooming. With all the wind we have been having at night, I am not sure how they are surviving, much less blooming; but they are pretty. I have to say that it is tough to look out your window and see roses blooming in the middle of December. That is better any time than the view at the dentists office. Here are a couple of photos that I took this morning.

No comments: