¿Qué es esto? (What Is This?)
This is a strange fruit that we were given the other day when we were at the orchard. Ciro told us that it is not an orange, lemon or grapefruit, and when I asked what it is, he just shrugged. This morning we decided it was time to eat it. It actually does not have any flavor at all, I have no idea what you would use it for. It would not make a good juice and does not taste good enough to just eat like an orange. I am thinking that it is a cross between 2 citrus fruits that did not turn out like it should have; but what do I know. It has a very thick, tough skin. Here are some photos.



Yesterday, Roy had a headache; but he took an aspirin and went fishing with Ciro and Gary at 2 PM. They didn't return until long after dark. They had caught a few fish; but nothing exceptional as they were fishing from the shore.
Irene had come up in the afternoon and invited us to go with them to a wedding in her cousins family. I asked her what time and she said that it depended on when our fishermen returned, probably around 8 or 8:30 she thought. I knew that Roy might not feel like it; but got our clothes out and ironed them just in case. By the time they returned, so had his headache and he wasn't feeling like going out to party. I told Irene that we wouldn't be going and she asked if I wanted to go without Roy, I didn't think it would be much fun to do that, so declined. Maybe next time. I was kind of disappointed; but didn't want to go solo.
Today I definately need to go to the bank and also to the doctor. It is supposed to cool off here because of a storm in the USA that is sending the cold down here. We actually had a few drops of rain here a few minutes ago. The current temperature is: 22 degrees C. and 72 degrees F. and feels chilly.
No comments:
Post a Comment