Friday, July 29, 2005

Raspberries, Relatives, and Other Things

Raspberries, Relatives, and Other Things
Well the raspberries are picked for today. They sure are tasty, I had my breakfast while picking them this morning,(as many in my mouth as in the bucket). Now I just have to take them to town and get rid of them. I have several orders from people who would like some, so the only question is, will the raspberries produce enough to fill the orders, or will I get sick of picking them first?



I also cut some lilies from the garden this morning. I love having fresh cut flowers in the house, and especially love lilies.


We are dog sitting for my daughter-in-law this weekend while they are camping, so we are a 3 dog household for a few days. They all get along well and are presently sleeping off a very hectic morning!
This weekend is my late husbands' family reunion, some relatives are visiting from Hawaii and also from Idaho. So I will be going into town to visit with them shortly, it will be nice to see them again. They were here last summer; but it will be better catching up on their lives in person, rather than via email. The one gentleman, who is 88 1/2 (definately years young), has driven up from Idaho by himself!! I know that if I ever manage to make it to that age, I will not be capable of such a drive, especially alone. It is approximately 1400 kilometers--one way.
Will finish this later, after I return from town.
Well I'm back.
When I got the mail, I got a very pleasant surprise. There was a cheque for the sale of my truck! So now I will be payment and debt free while we are gone. I spent the afternoon racing around cancelling the license plate, insurance, and paying off bills. Hectic afternoon; but wanted it all accomplished, as Monday is a holiday here and everything will be closed. What a great relief to have that off my mind.
It has been a busy, productive day.
Please feel free to leave comments, even if it is just to tell me how incredibly boring this blog and my life are!!
Hasta Luego

3 comments:

Billie Mercer said...

Don't think your blog is boring at all. I feel like I'm getting to know a new friend. Just hope that we get to meet while you are in Mexico this winter.
Billie

Brenda Maas said...

Thank you. Yes, it would be nice to meet you. If we are in the area, we will send you an email.
Brenda

Islagringo said...

Catching up on your archives. I had to clean my keyboard after viewing those raspberry pictures. Drool everywhere! Even though we get great fruit here, I sure do miss our northern fruit.