Population Explosion
Well, it seems that the population on our acreage has gone from 5 (2 humans,2 dogs,1 cat) to 9 in the space of a few days. A couple of weeks ago I thought it seemed that our cat was gaining a lot of weight, well it appears I was right, she was embarazada (pregnant). She has 4 pretty little kittens and has been hiding them for awhile as their eyes are already open. She had been eating a lot of food lately so I decided I had better check it out a little closer today. She is a barn cat, so kind of leads her own life, after all she is a cat. Sure enough, she is now a very proud mama and we are grandparents again, sort of!!! We have decided to give them all Spanish names, in honor of our up coming Mexico trip.
On the more boring side of things, I had to pick the raspberries today, they are big and juicy this year because of all the rain. Picked a ice cream pail full and then got rid of them, as I am still trying to get rid of last years jellies and jams. Several people want some this year so disposing of them is easier than the picking of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment