Thursday, July 31, 2008

Guaymas To San Carlos

Yesterday we got started on our big trip from Guaymas to San Carlos, all of maybe 15 miles. We had gotten to the overpass where you have to make the decision to either to head straight to Hermosillo (state capitol, about 125 kms.) on highway 15 or turn to go to San Carlos. We turned, after all we were just going for breakfast.
The mountains/hills continue.



Getting closer, there are some yards now.





Here we are, heading into San Carlos. The mountain seen faintly on the left is the tourist brochure famous Tetas de Cabra or Tetas de Kawi, depending on who you talk to. A little further down the main street Beltrones Blvd. our breakfast was waiting.

5 comments:

Berni said...

Thanks for this post it makes our trip come alive. We are so looking forward to it. We are also seriously considering spending our winters down there. Depends on the cost of things. I don't think we are quite brave enough to sell our place in Canada and move full time but snow birding seems good. I look forward to connecting with you.

Brenda Maas said...

Cost of things depends on where you shop. If you shop in San Carlos it will cost you a lot more than if you come to Guaymas to shop.
Looking forward to meeting you when you get here.

Steve Cotton said...

And I'm looking forward to another breakfast story.

Billie Mercer said...

Brenda, isn't it wonderful after being here for several years, we still get a thrill out of a drive in the countryside or just doing the normal everyday things.

Brenda Maas said...

Sorry Steve, no breakfast story to follow. This day we went to our friends restaurant, they are from the USA and every so often we go there to get a "NOB" breakfast.
Billy, we don't go out of town too often so that newness will be a long time wearing off for us, I hope. I will never forget the thrill we got when we drove down that road for the first time after looking at pictures of it over the internet for 10 months beforehand. I think of that everytime we take that road. What a feeling it was to actually see in reality what we had been planning for all that time.