Thursday, May 15, 2008

This And That

My friends plant is still alive, thank goodness.

Desert Rose is absolutely loaded with blooms.

It is one of my favorite plants.

Rose blooms are about 1/2 the size that they were before it got hot.


3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Brenda -- Is that your painting? Nice composition. I have found that lerarning to appreciate painting is a great way to improve photography skills. A friend once referred to my photographs as being "the result of a sculptor's eye." It took me a week to realize he meant it as an insult.

Paint on.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I can't grow roses at all, I see them in people's yards but I may as well put out a free lunch for leaf cutter ants sign.Roses and geraniums, here today gone tomorrow, sigh... I have a dessert rose too, I love it and I'm thinking of getting more. They are perfect, they love the heat and don't want a lot of water.
regards,
Theresa

Islagringo said...

Here you go again, bragging about your flowers while some of us have to be content to just look at leaves! LOL! The portulaca looks exactly like it should right now, all leggy, droopy but with some blooms. Just keep watering it. And what a sneak you are! Is that the painting you recently did? If so, I L-U-V it! It reminds me of the Baja.