Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines Day

Valentines Day
It seems that any type of holiday here becomes a big day. We went out for lunch yesterday and then after a nice walk along the malecon (along the shore) we returned home. I laid down for my siesta and was awakened by Roy calling me to come to the door, someone wanted to see me. When I came down there was little Brittany standing with her dad at our door. Of course, she was all dressed up and in her hand was a lovely red rose for me! I was flabbergasted to think that they would think of me. Her dad speaks no english at all ( he is a relative of our landlords), so I expressed my thanks as best I could. Not long after that Irene appeared at our door with a couple of pieces of her yummy cheesecake for us. We were just sitting down to eat our cena (supper) and grandma appeared at our door with another red rose for me!! We just cannot get over the way these people have accepted us into their lives and adopted us into their family.
Roy and Brittany at our apartment.
The roses for Valentines Day.
The rest of the photos from the other day are here:http://community.webshots.com/album/547619456IrWxyi
Later on in the evening, Rudy (the fellow who helped find our apartment and translated for us) came over and we all had a visit at Ciro and Irenes. When we first went over I was calling for Alan (the grandson) as I had a Valentine candy for him. He wasn't coming and I couldn't figure out where he was. Suddenly when he saw the candy he popped out from underneath the dining room table. He had been hiding from us, he was embarassed, as all he had on was his spiderman boxer shorts. He is totally into the spiderman thing!
All in all it was a wonderful day in paradise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the biggest differences we notice between living here in B.C. and when we spend time in Mexico, is that the Mexicans are much more 'people oriented'. Here in the Okanagan, there is so much emphasis on your house, style, yard, etc. It comes as a pleasant surprise to find people that really seem to genuinely care about each other. Of course, you are probably 'dream' tennants, I'm sure. Does your landlord have more than one apartment and would you share with us how to contact him? We are planning on starting our adventure next October in Guaymas/San Carlos and working our way over to the Yucatan. I would appreciate any information you could give me. (katherine.luxmore@primus.ca) thanks