Monday, February 06, 2006

It's A Tough Life

It's A Tough Life
It's a tough life, that's what we decided this morning. It was 9:30 AM, we were sitting outside, in the shade, drinking fresh squeezed lemonade (from the lemons we picked off the tree yesterday), waiting for the lemon cakes to bake. The birds were singing, the flowers are blooming and the warm air caresses your skin. Ah....February in Guaymas, it's a tough job but someone has to do it!
Here's a photo of the lemons that we picked yesterday at the rancho. I got 7 large spoonfuls of juice out of 1 lemon, have no measuring spoons so don't know exactly how much; but it would be more than a tablespoon size. Very juicy and good.
Grandma came over this morning for a chat. She showed us some more old pictures of her and her husband when they were young, a photo of them dancing at their 50 th wedding anniversary, some family photos and a picture of Irene (landlady) at her quinceria(spelling??), a celebration held for girls when they turn 15 and become women. What I caught of what she was telling us was interesting.
We need to pick up a few groceries and then will relax for the afternoon. As I said before, it's a tough life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous!

Billie Mercer said...

May I have a piece of the lemon cake?

You are living a great life.