Sunday, September 07, 2008

Cake And Roses

As I didn't blog yesterday, today I have to say un tardío feliz cumpleaños a mi amigo Fernando en Canadá. Hope you had a great day!
Yesterday we went to the bigger grocery store Soriana and bought a cake for the evening and then stopped at a fish store on the way home. We got a kilo of fresh shrimp for 80 pesos (about $8.00 dollars a kilo or about $3.63 dollars a pound). They are called medium size here; but are quite large. The "large" ones were 95 pesos a kilo, (about $9.50 a kilo or about $4.31 a pound).
Last evening we had the landlords family up for cake and coca cola and we had a nice visit with them. They brought me a lovely arrangement of roses. It is so pretty and I love it.

Today we are just hanging out at home, as Roy has a big day planned with football (Americano) on TV. This evening we are going to go out for a shrimp dinner, hopefully the place will be open. We haven't been having much luck lately with finding places open. We have gone to our favorite torta place a couple of times and they have been closed. GRR

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Hmmmmm. Did you have a birthday to celebrate? The flowers look beautiful, and cake - well, cake is always wonderful

Cheers!

Steve Cotton said...

Cakes and roses did not catch my interest. But shrimp! Every mention had my mouth watering.

Islagringo said...

Did I miss something? What was the occasion? Or just being good neighbors?

Brenda Maas said...

Hi all. Yes the roses were beautiful and the cake was yummy.
Actually the next day was my birthday. I just don't advertise that. lol