Thursday, October 05, 2006

Gotta Love Blogger

Gotta Love Blogger
I just spent the last 20 minutes typing up a post and of course when I went to publish it, it disappeared. The "recover post" button doesn't work and you cannot copy and paste a copy of it into something else to save it before trying to publish. This happened the last time I posted also, so this time I thought I would save it as a draft so it wouldn't get lost. Didn't work!!! Darn, just realised that if I go into the html then I can copy/paste. GRRR...........
I have been doing some sewing the last few days, a couple of cool, loose cotton dresses and some kitchen towels.
Last night we went to the park in centro and fed the pigeons and people watched, it's so much fun watching the faces of the little children when they are feeding the birds. We then went to eat supper at the restaurant that serves the "papas locas", which were excellent, again; although I don't think that they are very good for the cholestorol levels.
Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up soon and I think that rather than cooking a turkey we will go out for a shrimp dinner. This decision might have been influenced by the fact that we had chicken for 3 dinners in a row. I had roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots and then the next evening made chicken stew with dumplings with the leftovers. I got a little carried away and we ended up eating it for 2 meals. Oh well, it was good.
We are going to another nursery today looking for some more plants, we have bought a palmy type plant and an hibiscus so far; but want to get some roses and other things. We may have to wait a couple of weeks yet for the roses as they don't start selling them until it cools off a bit more. We also need to buy some soil as we forgot to get some the other day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I accidentally crash into your blog and started digging a little bit... I´m from Guaymas and I just loved the way you talk about my hometown... just one thing, currently you gotta be careful with the shrimp, because a lot a people is getting after eating fresh shrimp, authorities think it might be contaminated with E. Coli. I send you my regards.

Brenda Maas said...

Hi Fidel, thanks for writing. We absolutely love your hometown.
Yes, we heard about the shrimp, one of our landlords sons was sick the other day and blamed it on the seafood.
My email address is on the side of the blog where it says "email me" if you would like to write to us.
Hope to hear from you again.
Brenda