We Are Home
We're home, well actually we've been home for a couple of days already; but I have been too lazy to post. The homeowners arrived back in Albuquerque on Monday and we left on Tuesday morning. We had a long day as we drove all the way to Nogales, Arizona where we spent the night. We crossed the border as soon as it opened, for the first time we got the red light and had to pull over and be checked by the border people. I think they were just bored, anyway that took all of 5 minutes and we were on our way. We stopped once to eat, and besides having a really yummy breakfast, we also had some fun with the lady who was cooking and serving us. There were 2 things on the non- existent menu, a ham and egg dish or soup. Not feeling like soup at 9:30 in the morning we ordered the eggs. After we had started eating the lady brought Roy a bowl of soup anyway, just to try. She was laughing as she told him that it would make him very strong. She seemed to find it hilarious that I was translating for him and was really enjoying herself. She would say something and look at me and then watch Roys face as I told him what she said. Pretty funny. Lots of smiles and come back agains as we left. Arrived home in Guaymas around 1 PM and vegged out for the afternoon, before heading to San Carlos for supper and some visiting with our friends. Yesterday I got groceries and we both got badly needed haircuts. Things at home were fine. I guess Hurricane Johns rain managed to come in one of our windows; but the landlord dealt with it and then re-caulked the window, so other than some dust, everything is great.
We had a nice time in Albuquerque (other than the cool weather some days), it is a lovely city. Our homeowners were great people and we are missing the animals; but am sure we will be back to visit them when we return in April.

Sunrise in Albuquerque, New Mexico. September 25,2006.

1 comment:
Welcome home - crunch time around here to get to Mexico.
Saludos,
Juan Calypso
Post a Comment