Back To Centinela
We spent a fairly lazy day today. I did some laundry and washed the floors, while Roy had a nap...hmmm...well I guess one of us had a fairly lazy day!!! Last night neither one of us got much sleep. One of the neighborhood dogs is in a state of "caliente", so there was a ruckus going on all night. Along with that, there was a fairly loud party going on somewhere quite close.
Last evening and again tonight there was and is some loud preaching going on a few blocks away, with music at times, and the volume on his microphone is high enough that I can hear what he is saying, most of the time. Especially the "hallelujahs". It must be connected to the upcoming Dias de Los Muertos (days of the dead), I am only assuming this, as it is not a normal occurrence. Yesterday evening when we were walking home, a lady stopped us to chat, or so we thought at first, we had chatted with her and her husband last winter; but hadn't seen her since. Well, the chat turned out to be a question and answer period and a little lesson about religion. Once I realised where she was going with her conversation, I politely tried to tell her that we had to get home for supper. To this she replied, "come on in we're all family", we politely declined the invitation; but did stand and chat for awhile, or until she allowed us to leave basically. She found out what our, well my (Roy just stood there smiling and nodding) religious leanings/tendencies are and once satisfied with my answers, we were allowed to go on our way. It was an interesting experience, she is a nice lady and I didn't want to be rude; but I don't normally discuss my religious beliefs with total strangers.
Around 3:30 this afternoon, Roy wanted to know if I felt like going to the cove at Centinela. We haven't been for awhile, so away we went and I actually remembered to take the camera. It was a nice, cool afternoon with some clouds so it was great for relaxing by the water. We saw some little stripped fish, some little blue/purpley ones and some bigger tan colored ones with red tips on their tails and fins (these were almost a foot long). The water is so clear that we could really get a good look at them. Although it is harder to take a picture of them with the water moving/distorting them.
Little blue fish--notice how clear the water is.

Striped fish, they are harder to see than the blue one.

A partial view of the cove.

We caught the bus to go home and it was the same bus driver that took us there. We decided to stop off at El Novillero for supper instead of having sandwiches when we got home. The coconut shrimp were good as usual and the atmosphere warm and friendly (the waiters recognise us now and the young man asked us how to say "cuenta" in english (the word for the bill or check). There are no walls in the restaurant, they have some screening along one wall, some plants and a palapa roof. They do have overhead fans which is nice. The breeze flows through and you are shaded and comfortable. It didn't occur to me to take any photos of it. I think that we are both getting spoiled as we both decided that we liked the ones I had made at home better than the restaurant ones, our shrimp were definately fresher than theirs. When we finished our dinner we walked to the bus stop and believe it or not, it was again the same bus driver. We all laughed as we got on the bus and he asked if we had liked it, he must have realised that we had stopped for supper. We got the scenic ride home along the malecon and got to look at all the lights reflecting on the water (it was dark by this time). A pretty sight.
I am trying to load some of the little videos that I took on YouTube and then will put a couple on here.

2 comments:
Wow, that really is clear water! How fun to swim with the fishes! The restaurant sounds wonderful.
Yes, Yes and Yes!!! LOL It's a wonderful life.
Brenda
Post a Comment