Monday, October 23, 2006

Shrimp

Shrimp
We had a lovely shower this morning and it is still cloudy and windy, a lot windier than it usually gets here. I spent some time this morning looking for recipes for Coconut Shrimp, as we had ordered some shrimp through Ciro a few days ago. I had just finished doing that and there was a knock on the door. There stood Ciro, bag of shrimp in hand--do I have ESP or what? When we ordered them, I was told that the price was 50 pesos for a kilo (about $5.00 dollars), I thought maybe I had misunderstood, so before paying Ciro I again asked, yes that is the price. OK, fine by me. I separated them into 3 meals, cleaned enough for our dinner and froze the rest. So, the menu for this evening is: Coconut shrimp, rice, tomatoes, salsa of some sort, and maybe some avocado (if I get energic and go to the store) and tortillas and of course the always present limons. Yum, yum, can't wait for dinner.


Just in case you are wondering what $5.00 worth of shrimp or a kilo looks like here, here's a photo.
I got an email from my step daughter this morning saying that it is cold and they have had snow. She said that as she was writing the furnace was running. Here it is 80 F./27 C. in the house with all the windows open and it feels chilly. I guess we have adapted to the climate.

No comments: