Hope they have a good trip home.
Monday, April 06, 2009
Four Legged Friend
Our friends had visitors here from England, so they wanted to take them to Alamos for the weekend. We agreed to keep their dog, who is our best 4 legged friend. We and they both had a good weekend. We were sad to say farewell to them all last night, as they left to return to Canada this morning. So no more doggy visits til next fall.
Hope they have a good trip home.
Hope they have a good trip home.
Labels:
geordie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a beautiful 4 legged creature. Looks well mannered, very clean and oh such a perky face. Thanks for sharing doggie pictures, I always love that. Have a great Tuesday.
Glorv1: he is a great dog, very well behaved, doesn't bark at things or chase cats. He is just a great companion.
Sadly he is getting old and this year he had trouble with our stairs and is not nearly as active as he was last year. Hopefully he will still be around next year and we will get to see him again.
Jiggs empathizes with the stairs. Not his favorite.
You always come across as such a dog lover when you post about dogs. Why don't you and Roy just bite the bullet and get a little puppy? Or adopt a needy grown up one?
Nice dog, he looks like a very peaceful guy
Steve: yah the stairs are bad when you are older whether dog or human. lol
Rusty: he is a great dog, very well trained and is great to be around.
Isla: Yes, I love dogs BUT don't want to own one here for various reasons. Until we had the roof over the patio it was too hot out there, so he would have had to be inside all the time. That problem is solved; but he would still have to be trained not to go downstairs without us. We really don't want the responsibility of having to walk him all the time as we like to be lazy in the morning. We also like to just take off sometimes and then would have to bother someone to look after it, I don't like leaving a dog in a kennel. Lots of reasons for not having one here even though I miss the companionship given by them.
I will just have to get my doggy enjoyment from others animals I guess.
Brenda - I've met Geordie too, and he's a charmer.
You didn't mention the biggest problem with having a dog: what would you do with him when you house-sit? It seems most of your house-sitting gigs involve pet-sitting, too, and you couldn't be sure your own pet would be welcome. You can borrow my girls sometime, if you feel pet-deprived.
1st Mate: yes, that is what I meant when I said that we like to take off now and again and would have to find someone to look after it. Too hard on an animal to be left all the time.
I will remember about your "girls" next time I feel deprived. lol
Post a Comment