Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rain Last Night

Rain Last Night
We have been watching the lightning every evening; but until last night it has not rained in our colonia. Some of the other colonias (neighborhoods) in Guaymas had some rain a week ago Wednesday; but apparently we did not.
I was awakened around 1:45 AM last night by very loud thunder and bright lightning. The thunder rolled and boomed around the mountains and the lightning lit up the room. The regulators on the TV and computers were clicking, so I shut everything off, unplugged it all, including the cable line and sat down to watch mother natures show. It was raining hard and by 2 AM the water was running down the hill. This morning there was about an inch of water in a container that I had sitting outside, so we had a nice rain, the first in a very long time. I don't remember any rain since the hurricane came close last September, so this is very welcome. Today it is cloudy and breezy and is the first day that we had not had the air conditioning on since we returned last Friday; although it is still quite warm.
Otherwise, we haven't been doing too much. Settling back in, getting caught up with laundry, dusting, the usual everyday chores.
I have been doing a little more cooking than I did on the Baja. I found a new pizza dough recipe, tried it and we liked it better than my old one. I made biscuits from a new recipe also and today I am baking buns (with my old recipe) and trying a recipe for parmesan chicken for our comida (lunch).

No comments: