Candied Limes Anyone?
Nothing too exciting going on here lately. It has been hot, 35 C. in the shade, so we have been hanging out in the house in the A/C alot. It has even been too hot to go fishing! No more rain in the forecast.
Yesterday Irene brought up a plate with a piece of cake on it and a bunch of what I will call, candied limes. I didn't catch what she called them. The lime tree here is loaded with fruit, so she was out picking a bunch of them the other day and told me to pick some as they make good lemonade. I haven't picked many yet; but will. Anyway, she had hollowed out the limes, candied them and then stuffed them with coconut. They are OK; but not really one of my favorite things. The piece of cake on the other hand was excellent. Kind of like a cheesecake. I took a picture of the limes and the cake was on the same plate; but as you will notice the cake is gone. We ate it!! I immediately went downstairs to get the recipe from her. I then headed to the store to get the ingredients to try it myself and that's where we are now. Ingredients here, laziness here. Oh well, it is the weekend.
We may go to San Carlos for dinner this evening and to have a visit with our friends who run a restaurant there. We haven't been there to see them since we returned from the Baja.
Ciro and Irene brought some friends of theirs that were visiting, up to look at the view from our patio last night and we chatted with them for awhile. They were apparently treated quite shabbily in San Carlos, (where they have a vacation home), by a couple of "ladies?" in the afternoon. They were cautious at first about meeting us; but things went well and it was nice. Too bad they had such an experience, just shows that some people forget that you need to engage your brain before your mouth.
I found an interesting blog the other day that I have added to my blogroll. It is here and is a good read: http://bnwisla.blogspot.com/ . He also has another blog where he writes about the trips that they have taken all over Mexico, it is here: http://exploremexicowithme.blogspot.com/ . Everyone needs some new reading material in the summer when they need to cool off in the house in front of the computer. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Thanks for the plug, Brenda. I appreciate it! See, I'm staying up late to catch up on your blog!
No Problem. I enjoy reading both your blogs.
Post a Comment