Saturday, July 21, 2007

More Rain

More Rain
Thursday night we had another rainstorm. This one was quieter and I slept right through it, waking in the morning to a wonderfully fresh landscape. We had about 3/4 inch, more or less, I don't have a rain gauge so I just measure what is in a container I have on the patio. Today it is again cloudy and it was misting rain for a few minutes; but not enough to wet your skin even.
I have been wanting to try a restaurant here called Las Flautas for many months. The first time we went it was closed and a passerby told us that they are not open Saturday evenings. OK, last night (Friday), we decided to try it. We had been told that they didn't open until 7 PM so we went after that. When we arrived, it was again closed. The 3 benches that are in front of the restaurant (cemented in), have been pulled up and are just laying on the ground. We are assuming that the restaurant has closed, who knows, anyway we will not bother going again. We walked down to one of our favorite places called La Barca and had our dinner there. We are not heavy drinkers and I had never had a margarita, so I tried on last night. It was OK; but nothing that I would go too far to get. For 2 meals and 2 drinks our bill was $13.50.
I am always interested in the price of food in different areas, Baja California Sur was much more costly than here, of course, considering the freight costs. I looked online at one of the grocery stores weekly flyers in Alberta, Canada yesterday. Most things were higher, except for the products that I buy that are imported like the Kraft sauces/salad dressings. Not too big a surprise.
Comida (lunch) today is going to be Chicken Carbonara with a tossed salad, hopefully it will be good, as I am getting hungry.

No comments: