Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Still Packing

Still Packing
It has been cool and rainy here for the last few days. Lovely!
We are still sorting and packing things up, trying to get ready for the auction sale. We set the date for that last night. We are hoping that the weather gets the rain out of its system by then. We set the date for the sale for June 24 th. So we will either be "camping out" in our house for a couple of weeks before leaving for Mexico or we will be leaving a day or so after the sale. Our exit date is dependant upon what happens with the sale of the place. Or we may just go and visit all the relatives for a couple of weeks. I wasn't going to write that in case they all decide to go on holidays over that period of time. Ha Ha.
My sister and her family came up on Sunday to visit for the day and took back some things to store for us. Things are starting to come together in what seemed to be an overwhelming task.
It is daunting to pare down your life to what will fit into a mid-size car! My cupboard of recipe books is now 1 CD! While I was going through them I realised just how few I actually use on a regular basis. I also realised that over my lifetime I must have done every craft known to womankind and possibly a few more (and of course saved all of the accompanying paraphenalia). Another task was to go through all the clothing, here I have clothes for 4 seasons, I will only need clothes there for basically 2 seasons- warm and HOT. The clothes I have here for hot will do for the warm season there.
What a lot of "stuff"! Time to go and hunt down some more boxes and garbage bags.

1 comment:

Billie Mercer said...

Brenda, we are closing in on it too. I think our sale with be May 26 and 27. Fortunately we moved 7 years ago so we had one purge then but I swear things have been growing in the attic. Billie