Friday, October 05, 2012

Floral Arrangements

Our landlady came up this afternoon and invited us to a surprise birthday get together for a friend this evening.
I had been busy all day getting some of my artwork ready to go to a sale tomorrow in San Carlos, doing laundry and other assorted things and was not really interested in heading uptown to shop for a birthday gift.
Instead I went over to the closest florist shop to us which is maybe 6 blocks away.  I had never really bought a floral arrangement here and wasn't sure what to expect price wise; but I had hopes that I could get something for this evening.
The shop was very busy as they were getting prepared for 2 weddings; but they took the time to make an arrangement for me.
As I really wasn't sure what I wanted the lady showed me some photos on their Facebook page, I picked one and they gave me a seat to wait for what they said would be 15 minutes.
Well, about 10 minutes later I walked out of the shop with the arrangement below.
I thought it was pretty and appropriate for a ladies birthday.
Damage to the wallet was minimal, 200 Pesos or approx. $15.37 CAD.  I was happy, I hope the birthday lady will be.


8 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Flowers always work. And that is a great arrangement.

Michael Dickson said...

I have purchased floral arrangements down here fairly often. It's a great all-purpose, easy gift.

But better for women than men, though it works for men too, I guess.

Brenda Maas said...

Steve and Felipe: the birthday lady seemed happy with the flowers so mission accomplished.

Funny; but it has never occurred to me to give a man flowers.

I have purchased lots of flowers from my favorite flower seller person on the street and have even purchased vases and had him fill them; but had never purchased an arrangement at the florists, kind of odd after being here for so long.
I think I will be doing it more often, as it was simpler than trying to choose a gift for someone you don't know well.

Shannon said...

The arrangement is bright and beautiful! Best of luck at the sale today, and have fun!!

GlorV1 said...

Beautiful arrangement Brenda, I'm sure she loved it. Hope the show went well. Take care.

Brenda Maas said...

Hi Shannon and Gloria: the lady seemed to like it so that was good.

The sale was OK, I got to see peoples reactions to my art which was nice and sold 1 piece. The sale was mostly of used stuff so not really the right audience for art; but it gave me some idea of setting up, etc., which is what I had wanted. So mission accomplished.

kelsi said...

Hey you - long time no see (in cyberspace, I mean!)
Beautiful arrangement ... and only $15??? If I bought those gerberas here in BC it would be closer to $40! Sigh...

Anyway, I fell out of the blog thing for awhile but I'll definitely check back more often. Happy Thanksgiving!

Brenda Maas said...

Hey Kelsi, good to see you back, I was wondering where you had disappeared to.
I wonder what the Bird of Paradise bloom would cost up there?

If you want to see what I have been busy at you can check out my other blog at:

http://artbybrenda-brenda.blogspot.mx/

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys also. When are you heading south? and where to this year??