We have a few chickens that live in the streets around our place here, everyone feeds them, who knows if anyone actually owns them. The last few evenings we have noticed that one of them likes to come and hang out on the landing of the stairway up to our apartment. Last night we noticed that she had decided to roost for the night on the railing there.
We get up fairly early in the morning and it is usually dark when we take our first coffee out onto the patio to drink and watch the sunrise. This morning the chicken decided to come up onto the patio and check us out.
I was busy getting the garbage ready to go out as it is garbage day, seeing as we have very few bugs up here, we have the door open a lot at this time of year. I turned around when Roy yelled something and saw the chicken beginning to come inside the apartment to join me. I like animals, birds, etc.; but didn't particularly want Ms. Chicken inside the apartment. I shooed her outside thinking she would run away; instead she stood just outside the door, softly chattering to me until I went and got some soda crackers and gave her an early morning snack over on the roof of the landlords house.
After that she began following me around, wherever I walked on the patio she followed. It was pretty funny, so I turned on the patio lights and took a couple of pictures of her.
She seemed quite happy to have company and kept up a soft chatter with us for quite awhile before she headed downstairs.
A comical beginning to the day. Hmmm, I wonder if she was trying to tell me the sky was falling??? Maybe we should call her Henny Penny???
Ms. Chicken AKA Henny Penny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL, that's hilarious. Pretty much everyone here has adopted stray cats and dogs, but a chicken? Oh well, why not! She actually looks quite pretty.
Shannon: yes, it was pretty funny, a good way to start the day off with a laugh.
By the way, we haven't adopted her, or have we lol lol.
Her soft chatter was quite nice to listen to actually lol.
Maybe she was a Vegetarian's Witness and spreading the word that chicken and dumplings is a venal sin.
Steve: the chicken has now disappeared. According to the landlord the young man who "owned" her collected her and took her off to the fights. If true, so sad as she really seemed to like being around people.
So, no chicken and dumplings for us.
Post a Comment