The other day I decided to give WalMart another try here. I have been to their new store a couple of times and wasn't at all impressed, the prices are a lot higher than in the other grocery stores. I had gotten a personal item there though and wanted to get another one while they were still around, so off I went.
When I got on a bus for Guaymas Norte my first impression was, wow, nice new bus. Once I sat down I realized that all the windows were closed and cold air was blowing on me!!!!! This nice new bus has air conditioning that works. Wow!!!! This was a first for me, not sure how long this bus has been around; but am thinking not long, as the driver was discussing it with one fellow and showing off the stereo, he was also driving very carefully. Considering that careful driving is not really a city bus thing I am assuming he hadn't had this bus for long. I am thinking that after he fills up with fuel a few times the air conditioning may be shut down. Who knows. Anyway it was a nice ride to the store, no squeaks, no squealing brakes, no grinding transmission, etc.. Luxury apparently comes with a price though as by the time I got off the bus I had an earache from the cold wind blowing on me, too funny. On the way home I had my usual decrepit old school bus with all its attendant squeaks, squeals, rattles, etc. so felt more at home. What a surprise that was.
In other news the landlords have another new grandchild born on Friday, mom and baby in good health and at home. Other sons wife is expecting another baby also, so more to come.
We went and had a nice dinner out last night to celebrate our special day. The weather was cooler and we enjoyed eating outside without the humidity.
I threw some cherry tomato seeds into a pot the other night, the seeds are old so not sure if they will germinate or not. Will see.
Time to head out to do some shopping and go to art class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'll take the ear ache in place of the chickens and screaming kids with dripping ice cones and leaking juice bags any day...unless they too were on the bus.
Congrats on your anniversary here, enjoy and keep on writin'
Tancho: True; but I have never seen a chicken on any of the city buses here. Some little puppies being babied by their new owners; but no chickens lol.
Kids with ice cream, etc. yes, constantly; but they are pretty good and don't usually get it on anyone other than themselves and their moms.
Thanks for reading.
I have trouble imagining an air-conditioned bus in Melaque. None of our stores are.
Steve: yes, it seemed really strange. For a few moments I felt very North of the borderish lol. (i know not a real word )
It was the first one I have ever seen and don't expect it to multiply or last very long lol.
The big stores here are air conditioned, the smaller ones not.
Guaymas I am pretty sure is a lot bigger than Melaque though.
Don't worry Brenda. The cherry tomatoes will come through. They always do :)
So how was Walmart this time around? What did you buy? I hope your cherry tomato seeds germinate. I'm waiting on some Hatch chili from New Mexico. I'm going to take the seeds and dry them and hopefully I can grow the Hatch chili in my own backyard. Have a great art class and rest of the week.
Hi Bob, yes I am pretty sure the tomatos will germinate. They are pretty tough.
Gloria: WalMart was about the same, I bought next to nothing; but did get what I went for and that is the important thing.
What are Hatch chilis? Sorry never heard that name before, are they hot ones? I am assuming that they are as they seem to like them hot in N.M.
You have a great week too.
Brenda I was going to ask about Walmart - thanks Gloria.
We have a casa in New Mexico near Hatch Chilis. They are similar to Jalapenos - but bigger. They come in three (or more?) varieties of 'heat'. This time of year many grocery stores in New Mexico feature a large chili roaster in their parking lot - you can buy them roasted or raw - very good really.
Calypso: thanks for the info. about the Chilis.
Post a Comment