The city is hoping within the next 20 months to install these sensors in the downtown handicapped parking spaces. The first one has been placed in front of the Consejo de Discapacitados.
If I understand correctly there was some kind of contest and the students of the eighth semester of careers in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Systems were the winners and they also competed at a regional level and won that also.
A good idea in my mind as long as they are not vandalised.
Photo taken from El Vigia newspaper.

6 comments:
Great idea. I agree, though, that vandalism is the most likely result. It may also out some of the people with phony stickers.
I think that is a great idea. We don't have anything like that here in Modesto. Thx for sharing.
What a great idea! One of my biggest pet peeves is people who illegally park in these spaces. Now it remains to be seen if anybody actually enforces it when the alarm doesn't get shut off.
Steve, Glorv1, Islagringo: I agree it is a great idea and you have to give credit to the students that invented the machine. Good work on their part.
Hopefully they won't be vandalised and also hopefully people who park there illegally will move when the alarm goes off rather than waiting to see if a police officer shows up.
They probably will be vandalized, and probably the police won't show up when the alarms go off, but it's still a great idea. Maybe it'll get picked up in the US and those inventors will get famous. They deserve it.
It seems like a camera and a follow up ticket to those that violate would be as good or better. Nothing will make law breakers less at home than cameras I think.
Post a Comment