Thursday, March 27, 2014

Visitors In Town

Yesterday I was in the middle of cooking our lunch when the phone rang.  On the other end of the line was a lady, originally from Guaymas; but now living in California.  I knew that she and her husband were supposed to be in town this week.  Doug had commented on the blog several years ago and we had met them when they were visiting that year.  Last year we missed seeing them as we were in Canada when they were here.  We set up a time to meet and then sat down to eat our lunch.
Lunch yesterday was a green mixed salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, garlic toast and spaghetti with homemade tomato and mushroom sauce, along with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to top it.
It was good.

After lunch we were off to centro to meet them at the Malecon.  We sat and chatted by the water while their daughter and grandson skate boarded on the malecon.  At this time of the day there are no places to buy a drink there so we wandered over to another park in front of the church and got a drink and some fresh fruit from my usual vendor on the corner.  Sat in the shade and chatted some more.  A nice afternoon.  They are only here for a few days more so I doubt that we will see them again this trip.  We were glad to have a few hours to visit with them in between their family visits.  Until next time guys.



























Home again, we relaxed for a couple of hours before I went to my art class at the Casa de la Cultura.



4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Is that a ferry in your middle photograph?

brenda said...

Steve, I think that is the boat that is sitting and waiting to go to Mazatlan to be repaired. I heard that it is supposed to be a small cruise ship; but who knows.

Doug Siner said...

Good to see you and Roy, and what lovely day too. The 'cruise ship' is still sitting there I suppose? And I actually thought the dreams of Guaymas being a cruise destination had come true.

brenda said...

Good to see you guys also Doug. Yes, Guaymas is a cruise ship destination. The cruises are not that often; but they do come from time to time. I think the last one was in January or February I kind of forget. Not sure when the next one is coming.