Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Worst Cold

I have pretty much been out of commission for awhile.  I haven't had a really bad cold for a couple of years and either I had forgotten how miserable they can make one or this was a doozy.
The first week I did absolutely nothing but blow my nose, cough and try to make my head stop aching from the sinuses that were not behaving well.
The second week I began to surface near the end of it and the last few days I am feeling almost normal and back to doing some cooking, cleaning, laundry and painting.

I think I have been away from the house maybe twice in the last two weeks or more and that is it.
I signed up for art classes again at the beginning of Sept..  I made the first two classes and haven't been back since.  I am hoping on feeling like attending tomorrow.

We missed the holiday celebrations and who knows what else, and frankly the way I was feeling I just did not care.

Tropical storm/hurricane Manuel came ashore south of us and we didn't even get a shower out of him.  We were lucky this time, not so others though.

So, no photos, no interesting tidbits to share, only the blow by blow account of my cold.  Ok, that was bad.

Hopefully something interesting will happen soon, or at least I will get out of the house.

11 comments:

John Calypso said...

Did I get that cold from you? Reading all those Facebook comments. Same deal here - no colds for a few years and this ugh! We are better now. Wishing you the same.

Felipe Zapata said...

I wish you a speedy return to total physical health, and happy days ahead.

brenda said...

Thanks Felipe. Feeling better now.


John, hmmm or did I get it from you? Glad you guys are feeling better too.

Steve Cotton said...

It seems to be going around. I came down with something similar while I was in Miami -- and my sinuses are still acting up. It didn't help that I stood out in the rain for el grito and a horse extravaganza the next day. You were wise to stay home.

I hope your recovery is speedier.

brenda said...

Steve, I am starting to feel human again; but not a lot of energy. The sinus headaches were awful and I am used to having my sinuses being a mess as I have so many allergies. This was rotten and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Barb B said...

So glad you're feeling better. Being sick sucks. Loved your pun, btw...lol.
If germs can pass through the internet, I know where your cold went. *cough sniff*

brenda said...

Oh no Barb, not you too. Seems like everyone has or has had it. What an international bug lol. Feel better soon.

Barb B said...

Thanks, Brenda. I'm doing well. The past week, I've been sucking back Cold FX like it's candy and I've pretty much killed whatever was lurking about in my system. I had a few sneezes and coughing fits but it never developed into anything major. It was just enough to be a nuisance.

brenda said...

Barb, glad you kicked it and are feeling better.

Shannon Casey said...

It sounds like we got more rain than you did here in the mountains, "trapped between 2 hurricanes", LOL. I hope you are feeling better!

brenda said...

Whatever you got Shannon it was way more than we got, which was zero.
Thanks, I am feeling back to normal now.