Saturday, March 02, 2013

Trimming Palm Trees

We are very happy to be home again.  We have been away for 2 weeks looking after a dog for some neighbours of our friends.  Although not at home we haven't been far away, only over in San Carlos which is close in distance; but a world apart in lifestyle.

Here is a photo of our lovely companion of the last two weeks.

Gorgeous, isn't she?  She was a joy to be around and we are already missing her.

While we were over there I showed some of my paintings in an art show at a fund raiser and sold 1 oil painting and one pastel so I did alright.

This morning this fellow was trimming the palm trees.  I have no idea of how high he was; but believe me it was HIGH.  I think these people are amazing, as I don't even like being on a step ladder.




8 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Brenda. Trimming palm trees is no fun as they get so darn big. Congrats on selling a painting or two rather. You go girl! Which ones did you sell? Post them on your sidebar so we can see.:) Have a great week ahead. This beautiful creature reminds me of Mr. Jiggs. Remember Jiggs? He was beautiful. Take care.

Brenda Maas said...

Gloria, those tree trimmers are brave guys in my book.
Thanks, I posted the sold ones on the Art blog.
Yes, I remember Mr. Jiggs, how could I not lol.
You have a great day.

Steve Cotton said...

Gloria made the same connection I did. I thought Jiggs had rejoined us in blogland. Your photograph brought back a lot of good memories. And it was nice to see Gloria is still around.

Brenda Maas said...

Steve, there is a definite resemblance isn't there?
For me, she looked just like my sisters dog who has also passed on now and I kept having to stop myself from calling her Zoe instead of her real name. Her mannerisms were so much like my sisters dog also; but from what you wrote about Jiggs very different from his lol.
Have a great day.

aj said...

love to see articles like this....we got 2 feet of snow here in Calgary....

Brenda Maas said...

Aj, that sounds awful, I will take what we are having any day over that.

Shannon said...

What a lovely dog! I get nervous just watching people trimming those trees. I see people on very high ladders and scaffolds working on buildings around here and they are often leveled with a piece of wood or a rock. It's scary.

Brenda Maas said...

Shannon, she is lovely both in looks and temperament, we miss her lol.

I don't like heights so can barely watch those guys and the guys in construction are scary also. They will tie 2 short ladders together and then scamper up them as if they don't have a care in the world. The rock/wood levelers are something else again, certainly wouldn't pass OH&S.