If you have been reading this blog for awhile you probably know that we live in a very small apartment. You might be wondering, where on earth would they put a tenant or tenants?
Well, it just so happens that the tenants we have, (none paying naturally), take up very little space. They are cute in a strange kind of way, you know the saying, "a face only a mother could love". Well these tenants pretty much follow this saying. They are quiet usually and not too messy; although the odd time they do their "business" in places I don't approve of. They are helpful in that they eat things that Roy and I refuse to. They never complain and are happy with whatever we provide. In other words they are almost the perfect tenants.
They used to be pretty shy and would never allow me to take their photo; but lately they have been more open to the idea of becoming famous by having their picture on the blog.
So here one of them is, don't know which one it is as they have never told me their names and it is hard to tell them apart, one is bigger than the others; but other than that they are pretty much indistinguishable.
Kind of good looking in his/her own way, don't you think?
Sunday, August 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
I think they're very cute, much mroe appealing than the usual lizard. Are yours doing lonesome love calls like mine, or are they already happily mated?
enjoyed this post. i thought you might be talking about spiders, but i know not too many people are fond of them. i know some people are scared of geckos too, but i think they're cute as can be and can't help but wonder why anyone would be scared of them.
teresa in lake stevens, wa.
p.s. i met cynthia last year and visited them again last month. they are coming for lunch next sunday. also, i'm the one who swam out to bliss' boat 2 1/2 years ago and asked if she could come do a presentation for my students in chacala. she wrote a nice post about the volunteer work we were doing there. perhaps you read it. also met steve cotton. it's fun to make friends through blogging. i look forward to meeting even more in the future.
Oh...okay...hmmmm....Brenda, is that a lizard??? I'm afraid of lizards, snakes, and rats. We've had a few in the backyard, they were big. I don't know what my husband did with them. They were just so ugly and scary and even hissed. Yours is small so it's not scary. That was a nice little story you told though. I have to go now, the lizard might jump out of the sink. Take care and enjoy your week ahead.:)))
I love our little house geckos. Love that they eat mosquitoes too! Some people complain about their poop but I haven't really noticed it. That may say more about my housekeeping than their poop though. My only problem is keeping our cats from catching them, these are not the smartest lizards on the block. You would think they would stay up high on the wall and safe, but I find at least one a week that the cats have gotten. :(
1st Mate: nope, no mating calls as of yet, thank goodness. Not exactly sure how many there really are. Might be only 2 who knows they move so fast and I don't always see them.
Teresa: I don't like spiders at all mainly because of a bad bite I got from one in Canada many years ago. The geckos I don't mind at all; except when they happen to be in a drawer that I open up and they surprise me.
I do recognize you from your comments on other blogs. It is always fun to meet new people, we have met quite a few through the blog.
Say HI to Mike and Cynthia for us. So sad about their Sitka, she was such a lovely dog.
Gloria: glad to see you are back.
It is what I call a gecko, not sure what its real name is. They are quite small and harmless.
I too, dislike snakes intensely and rats.
You have a great week also.
Jonna: I like them too because of their bug eating habits. We sometimes find their poop, the first time I saw it I thought we had a mouse and then I thought it might be gecko poop so believe it or not I googled for photos of gecko poop and yup that's what is was. Think I have only seen it twice; but then I am not a fanatical house cleaner either lol.
Until the last year or so we hardly ever noticed them here and I think the street cats were keeping them down; but lately we don't have as many cats around and so have more geckos.
When we housesat on the Baja the cats were always catching them. We realized they weren't too bright when the cats would catch tailless ones, so we knew they had been caught before and never learned their lesson. Amazing that they can re-grow their body parts though.
We first became friends with geckos on Maui...they lived in the condo that we always stayed at and we'd wait out on the deck for them to make an appearance.
And yes, Sikta was a lovely doggie. I hope she's happy on the other side.
Cynthia and Mike: Hi, we like watching them run all over too. I am sure Sitka is having a ball running wild and free without any aches and pains.
Have a great week.
i recently had family visit from fl. we went hiking and the next day one of my little nieces had 2 huge bites on her face. one was on her eyelid and her eye was practically shut from the swelling. i believe it may have been a spider as i have never seen such a reaction to a mosquito bite. i can certainly understand how people develop a fear things that have bitten them.
i will be talking to cynthia tonight so i will pass on your hellos.
take care,
teresa
Teresa: Your poor niece, hopefully that didn't turn her off of hiking. Some people do react badly to mosquito bites in a different region though. I always swell up more when bitten by them when travelling.
Have fun with Cynthia and Mike. Tell Mike that Francisco is doing well, I see him most Tuesdays when I go to Lolitas to class.
The biggest gecko I have ever seen in my life lives above the fountain at a bar downtown. I am sure he is fat from the mosquitoes and bugs he gets to eat with no competition. I hope to someday get a picture of him. He is so big it is truthfully scary to look at him.
Well glad the ones we have in the house are tiny. Not sure I would want to share the place with one that size.
How big do they get anyway?
hi brenda,
cynthia and mike came over for lunch yesterday. be sure to read their blog, she posted about the visit.
hope all is well and that you are not too terribly hot these days. we are having temps in the 90s but at least it's not humid and i am not complaining. we've had too much cold weather this summer.
teresa in lake stevens
Hi Teresa. Yes, I have already read their blog posting. Sounds like you all had a good time. Cute dog by the way.
Hot here and not too much new going on, so blog posts are few and far between. Laziness is my excuse lol.
Have a good evening.
that's one reason i don't blog, i just don't think i could come up with enough interesting things to write about-someday. thanks for the compliment on our jack, he is a little sweetheart.
teresa
Hi from Morelia;
I am slowly settling in here in Morelia and fear that I may never wish to move.
I too am from Alberta (Lac La Biche) by way of Europe where I spent several of my most recent years.
I am perfectly content here and as I complete my early retirement paperwork, may indeed make this choice.
Garry
Hi Garry. Welcome.
I lived in Elk Point before moving to Mexico.
Worked for a week once at Heart Lake, now that was an experience lol. Spent the nights in Lac La Biche at a hotel.
Glad you are enjoying Morelia.
Brenda -you might be just the person I have been looking for! My husband and I were in San Carlos a few years ago and have been thinking of coming back to that part of Mexico on a permenant basis. Hopefully, the desert air will help his breathing problem. I think I would prefer to be in Guaymas, since it is a bigger town but I haven't been able to find any information on rentals online. Do you know of any way to get any information, other than real estate for sale, online?
You can contact me at Pat
Wright2457@aol.com and I will be checking on this site.
Love your blog!
Hi Pat, will be sending you an email shortly.
Pat: tried to email you but it came back as a failed delivery.
Can you send me another address to email you at? I really don't want to put all the info. on here in a comment.
you can email me at: greenmaasacres AT msn DOT com
Post a Comment