We have been watching the hummingbirds and orioles? that come to the feeder. I love watching them. One of the hummingbirds flew into the house yesterday and Roy had to capture it in a towel as it tried to get out of the window.
We again walked down the beach and then over to the marina and had breakfast. We have been having a nice light breakfast there, eggs with ham, beans, toast and coffee for 30 pesos.
After breakfast we walked all around the marina and then being lazy old folks we took the bus back here.
A plaque of remembrance for some people lost at sea.
6 comments:
Nice post Brenda. I am no expert in Hummingbirds, but we have had several fly in the house and garage. I have had to capature a few until I figured out that they are alot like moths. As soon as I turn the lights out in the house or garage and turn on a light outside, they fly towards the light. Just my observations.
Halloween is creeping across Mexico more and more. I try not to encourage it. Mexico should stick to Los Muertos.
I do encourage hummers, however.
Chrissy, good idea except it was daytime lol and I am afraid that if we would have left him til dark he would have hurt himself.
Felipe: I tend to agree with you; but do give out treats even in Guaymas. We are not going to stem the flow of the holiday, after all who can resist free dulces?
But Brenda, if everybody says I´m not going to stem the invasion of Halloween, of course it will continue.
Have to stand tall and brave!!
Right now El Centro of Pátzcuaro, one of the primary Muertos places in Mexico, is overrun with little buggers every day for a week before Muertos, and they´re all doing a silly copy of Trick or Treat! Gimme, gimme, gimme. Not, not, not good.
And that´s my last word on this right here. Probably.
Felipe: True and as we weren't home this year for it, maybe next year will be a no show. What is happening there doesn't sound good. One year the kids here (Guaymas) tried coming for 3 days in a row. I said, NO, Halloween is 1 day and 1 day only! I have to admit that I actually disliked Halloween in Canada and couldn't wait for it to be over. It is just another holiday?? that commercialism has taken over.
I asked a couple of the kids that came about Day of the Dead and they just looked at me and said, no we like Halloween. The power of candy over tradition. Not good.
Funny.. you reminded me of when I lived in Guaymas. We didn't encourage Halloween but that ship had clearly sailed.. the local kids kept going about how they would pretend to be for Halloween etc. On Halloween, lots of kids absolutely stormed our place, decked out as best they could, chanting "QUEREMOS HALLOWEEN" at the top of their lungs and banging on the door. We finally gave candy out, but only after they calmed down a bit. Halloween is out the closet, can't put it back anymore. Hope you enjoyed both holidays, Brenda!
Post a Comment