Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dinner Out

Usually when one of us has a birthday or we want to celebrate something we will head down to the Bay area in centro and the restaurant Club Nautico. You can either eat inside or eat outside in the bar area. We always choose to eat outside and enjoy the view.
Last night we decided it was time to go out to celebrate both our birthdays so Roy met me uptown after my Spanish class and we walked over to the new malecon. The photo below shows the statue of the Pescador which has been moved to a new location and has a new base. He is now in the center of a traffic roundabout, overseeing all.
We then stood and looked out over the bay and the boats in the new marina. Roy is looking at the pirate ship, El Rey del Mar.(Note to Wayne: notice Roy without cowboy boots lol)


Below is one of the shrimping boats that is past its prime.

Below is a short video of the view from the restaurant. If you can't relax here, you won't relax anywhere.

8 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

oh, we will have to go there next time we are down. Do you recall if they have Pulpo con ajo y mantiquilla (sp) there?

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Ahh, the statue looks very grand on that giant base! I remember when they began tearing it up at the old location. We hope you guys had good birthdays!

Michael Dickson said...

Is the birthday the 22nd? That is my wife's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL AROUND!

Brenda Maas said...

C&M: yes he looks good there; but it is now a run through the traffic to get up close to him. lol
Felipe: actually the birthdays were on the 12 th of Julio and the 7 th of Septembre; but because of me being in Canada with my sick mother in July and the storm at the beginning of Sept. we delayed the celebrations.
Happy belated Birthday to your wife.

1st Mate said...

So that's where the pescador moved to! I thought he'd been disappeared like Padre Kino was, from Hwy. 15 at the north entrance to Hermosillo.

I definitely want to go to Club Nautico for dinner, based on your praise. Tenamos que platicar acerca el menu a nuestra proxima clase de conversacion.

Brenda Maas said...

Nope he is still hanging around.
Sure we can talk about it then.

Islagringo said...

LOL! I saw the picture and was heading for the comment button when I read the caption. Too funny. So you finally got him out of those boots!

Brenda Maas said...

Lol, I was wondering if you would see that. Funny as soon as I looked at that picture I thought of that for some reason. Yup, he hasn't worn them since last winter, too hot.