Friday, June 06, 2008

Getting Ready For Vacation

It looks like we will be spending a couple of weeks in Tucson, Arizona doing a housesit. We will be riding up there in style on the Tufesa bus, which has runs that go across the border into the USA, so we won't even have to transfer bus lines.

Tufesa Bus Terminal here in Guaymas.

We haven't been across the border to the USA since February of 2007 and we haven't been in Canada since June of 2006 so I am expecting some culture shock. It should be interesting.
I am intending to do some shopping for some things that I can't get here so price ticket shock will be in store for me also, I am sure.
We are looking forward to being able to play with a dog again and have some quality petting time. Should be fun.
We leave Monday and will be gone for a couple of weeks, not sure if we will have access to a computer there or not, I didn't bother asking them, so posting could be either non-existent or sporadic.

I hadn't checked the site for Mexican housesits for a few weeks, and when I did tonight I noticed that there is one on there for Isla Mujeres, hmmmm, that is where blogger Wayne lives. I think that is too far to go for just a couple of weeks though, and after being away on the Baja for so long last spring we have decided that we don't want to do long housesits. Anyway, I don't think that we will apply for that one. There is one for a couple of weeks around Lake Chapala though and that would get us out of the heat here which is a nice thought. Hmmm, will have to think about that one.

5 comments:

CancunCanuck said...

I'll be curious to see how much culture shock you face. I have only returned to Canada once in almost five years, I can only imagine how strange I might find it. Gosh, last time I was there was 2004, they must have flying cars by now! ;-)

And oh heck you shouldn't miss a chance to spend some time on Isla Mujeres! I would jump on that if I were you, I think there are a few bloggers down here that would like to meet you and I know that Wayne could show you a good time.

Ale said...

No matter were you go or if is near or far, the thing is that you get to go out and see new places. This little adventures make our life richer. And I think you won´t have any trouble at all making friends were ever you go. Have a nice trip!

1st Mate said...

If you don't have to have everything new, there are some great thrift stores in Tucson, and the White Elephant in Green Valley (open 9-1) is fabulous for clothes, books and household stuff.

Islagringo said...

If you came to Isla, you would definately be shown a good time, but then you knew that!

Can you tell me the name of the website for Mexico housesitting? Please?

Brenda Maas said...

CC: Yes, I am wondering how much culture shock we will face. We already have a list of foods we want to eat. lol
I am sure it would be a blast on Isla; but not this time, unfortunately.
ALE: Thanks I am sure it will be fun. We will have to get together again when I get back.
1st Mate: Will keep that in mind, don't think we will get to the one in Green Valley as we are bussing it. One thing we need is a new electric frying pan and that I want new, I am a little finicky about eating out of someone elses cookware like that. Have seen some here at the tianguis and they are baked on oily. UGH!
WAYNE: Yes it would be fun and interesting to hit Isla and maybe sometime in the future, just not this time.
The site is for housesits all over the world and the URL is: http://www.housecarers.com/?hop=ncfswt