Meeting New People
8:40 AM- temperature 88 F./31 C., humidity 84%. Heat Index (or "feels like") 108 F./42 C. Step outside into our sauna. Smile.
When I started this blog, I never thought that it would become a way to meet new people; but it has turned out this way. Some we meet only through email and some eventually in person. It is interesting and enjoyable to answer peoples questions and also to meet them. At times we feel slightly at a disadvantage as they know all about us and we know very little about them. It can be a bit disconcerting, as they remind us of things that we have seen or done.
A couple of days ago I spent a fair amount of time cleaning out several of my folders on my email. When people write and ask questions, I usually keep their emails for a few months, so that I can refer back to them when trying to answer. A back up for a bad memory on my part. I was in a "housecleaning" mode the other day, and managed to downsize one folder from 20 pages of saved messages to only 8 pages. Until I looked back through them, I hadn't realised just how much communication is generated by the blog.
When we were over on the Baja we received a couple of emails from some people who are living on their boat in San Carlos, they are also building a home there. They had some specific questions about something I had written on the blog and I answered them as best I could. A few days ago, they emailed again and invited us to meet them and a friend of theirs for dinner at La Barca restaurant here in Guaymas. Naturally we agreed and the five of us spent an enjoyable couple of hours visiting over dinner. As usual, we had taken the bus uptown, so they offered to drive us home. We tried to show off our view from the patio; although it was dark and you couldn't really see anything but lights and mangoes. We visited here for a while longer before they headed back home. A nice evening with new acquaintances. They are going to be away for a month or so and we wish them well with what they need to do in the USA and also on their trip.
This post seems to be about communicating so I will mention that I have been emailing back and forth lately with a fellow blogger from Isla Mujeres. http://bnwisla.blogspot.com/ We have been watching the predictions for Hurricane Dean and it appears right now that it may be a Catagory 5 by the time it gets there and that they may get a direct hit from it. We are hoping that everyone over on that side of the country will stay safe through Dean.
5 comments:
Speaking of meeting people via your blog, maybe now would be a good time for us to come visit you! LOL!
Yes, Wayne I think that now would be a good time for a visit. LOL It will certainly be less windy/rainy here. Take care.
That is the beauty of Blogging making friends all over the world. In my opinion if world leaders were bloggers, the world would be a better place.
Rusty. I agree with you. I think that we gather insight from each blog that we get involved with.
I am a "baby blogger" only started last month but already I have made friends all over. It is a fun way to meet people via the net and hopefully in person some day in the future.
Happy blogging!!
Post a Comment