Off To Yuma, Arizona
Yesterday when I went to pay the cable/internet bill, I (for once), had the correct amount in my sweaty little hand. I wasn't really listening to the cashier when she told me the amount and just handed my money to her. She handed me back 20 pesos (about $2.00) and then I started listening. She repeated the amount, 699.00 pesos (about $69.90), I asked why it was that much instead of 719.00 pesos. She told me that it was a prompt payment discount. Hmmm....didn't know about that. I just knew that you had to pay it before the 13th or get disconnected. Maybe they started that a few months ago when they raised the price by 20 pesos. Who knows. I wanted to pay it before we left, just in case I forgot about it when we got home.
Roy and Ciro worked on painting the railing yesterday and almost all of it has 2 coats of paint on it. They ran out of paint before they finished the part on the 1st level of stairs, so it will have to wait for another day. Ciro mentioned that if he would have wanted something more "artistic", he would have had to wait for quite a long time, as his brothers are so busy. No problem, this will certainly work. He also mentioned the amount that he paid for the labor and materials, certainly a lot less than it would have cost in Canada. I didn't take a photo of the 1st level.


The Carnaval starts on the 15th of February here, so we will be busy going to the parades, etc. a few days after we return from Yuma.
We are heading to Yuma, this evening on the bus. We intend to catch the bus at 9 PM and spend the night on it, arriving in San Luis Rio Colorado sometime Monday morning. IF, all goes as planned. We will visit for a few days with the members of Roys family, that spend part of the winter there. Should be fun.
Talk to you when we get back.
2 comments:
Have a good time in Arizona, I hope you get good weather
I'm not sure what he meant by artistic, but I think they look great the way they are.
By the way, great views.
Post a Comment