Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Gotta Love It Here

Gotta Love It Here
I love being able to shop without hardly leaving the yard. The trucks troll down the streets extolling the virtues of their products, which are varied. Their PA systems are great, you know what they are selling before they get to your house; although some of them are so garbled that by the time I understand what they are selling, the truck is already down the street. The first one this morning, called you to attention and told you to listen, it then went on to say that he was selling oranges, 25 oranges for 10 pesos (about $1.00), large and sweet. Roy went down and got a bag of 25, they were not real large; but he ate one and pronounced it good. Next was a truck with a poor sound system, by the time I figured it out, he was gone. He was selling potatoes, darn I am out of potatoes....oh well, maybe tomorrow. Next came the junk dealer, he was picking up aluminum, old batteries, etc., we had nothing to give him. All this within a 1/2 hour. Of course, there is also the daily paper VW, that tells you the headlines and you can go get your paper from him. Hmm....wonder who will be next?
I wasn't looking forward to spanish class yesterday, as we were getting back a little exam she gave us on Thursday, I felt so blank when I was writing the exam and was sure that I had gotten a very poor mark. I was almost embarassed to show my face. When she handed the paper to me, I didn't even look at it at first, when I did I got a very pleasant surprise, my mark was 97%, maybe I know more than I thought. Naw, probably just got lucky.
Today we are going to check and see if the easel is in at the store in San Carlos, so Roy will come with me in the car. I need to go to the bank and we need car gas. We also read of a lady who is driving to Tucson around the time that we want to go to Yuma, so we are going to go and see her. We could share costs with her instead of taking the bus up there. I have also heard of a store selling better coffee so want to check that out also. Roy will go visiting while I am in class and then pick me up later, and we will probably get some groceries on the way home. Lots of errands today.
Irene came up and gave me an invitation to a baby shower for her niece on the 27 th. We teased Roy that we would put a dress and makeup on him and let him come too (it is only for women). He wasn't toooo interested in that, so I guess I will go with Irene and leave him at home. She told me that the building that it is being held in is enclosed, so it will be warmer than the place where we went to the birthday party. She also told me that there will be lots of ladies there who speak english, some of whom are Canadians from San Carlos. She said we would go at 3 PM, so I pointed out that the invitation said 5:30 PM, she said they told her 3; but that we would go at 4 PM instead.
It is sunny; but the wind is still cool.

No comments: