It has been so long since I have posted I am not sure where to begin; but I guess a good point is with Roys health.
We were very happy with the care he was receiving here; but we had also reached the point where he was going to have to have some tests done in hospital and where I couldn't be with him to translate. He wasn't comfortable with that as his Spanish is very minimal.
We discussed it and he decided that he wanted to go back to Canada for treatment where he could understand what was going on when I couldn't be with him in the room.
We arrived in Canada around the 6 th of June and stayed with my son and his wife and two children. Very good of them to take us in as they had just had a new baby and along with a two year old the household was very busy.
We began with a visit to a general doctor and showed him our reports, etc. and discussed what had been done and what medications Roy was on.
We were quickly sent to have pretty much all the same tests done with the same results as here. He was referred to a cardiologist and had an angiogram done. Good results there as he only has 4 or 5- 40% partial blockages in minor veins. No big deal according to the Dr.. He was then booked for a cardioversion to shock the heart back into a normal rhythm. The Dr. also put him on one more medication and this one seemed to be the charm, within 3 days things were back to normal. We hung around for awhile and as things seemed fine, the Dr. cancelled the cardioversion and basically said he was good to go.
We headed back home after almost two months and got back in time to re-new my drivers license here and head to immigration to do our paperwork.
We returned to the cardiologist here and explained everything that had gone on, we had kept in touch with him while we were gone. He told us to get some blood tests done and check back with him in a few months or if there were problems.
So, paperwork being looked after, larder stocked up again. Dental visit done, vision checked and new glasses purchased. Seems like lots of running around; but all is well.
Summer is here so it is hot and humid; but we have just soaked it up as we had been really cold in Canada as they had a lot of very chilly, rainy weather while we were there. Not our idea of summer. We have had some nice rains here and the mountains are a lovely shade of green. It is raining, lightning and thundering loudly as I type this as another storm goes through.
Other than that we haven't been doing much, I have been doing some painting and have two done and in the mail to Canada. If you read my art blog you have probably seen them.
I am working on another one that has to go to Canada and have several here that I had started before we left that I haven't had time to touch.
I signed up for art classes again and that started on Monday evening. I hadn't been for a year or so and decided it was time to go back.
So, life is basically back to normal for us. We spent some unexpected quality time with family this summer that we weren't expecting and had some anxious times, which are hopefully behind us for now.
So that is how our last couple of months have been spent. It feels good to be home.
I want to thank everyone for their emails and concern. We appreciate it. My apologies for my slowness in replying and the lack of blog posts. I just didn't seem to have the energy or inclination for writing much; perhaps too much on my mind or plain laziness.
Tuesday, September 03, 2013
Saturday, June 01, 2013
Update
We went to Obregon on Tuesday for the stress test and the Dr. decided that it was inconclusive as to whether Roy has any blockages in his heart. When Roy was doing the exercise portion of the test, all was fine; but when he was laying down for the resting part of it after, things went a bit funny. The Dr. gave him a pill used for angina and that settled things down. This apparently was not the reaction the Dr. expected. The Dr. does not want to do anything more invasive until he knows for sure, as it is an expensive operation to do if there is nothing there, in the neighbourhood of 80,000 pesos, (about $6,500.00 CAD), and up depending on how many blockages there are, if there are any.
The cost of the stress test and Dr. consult was 2000.00 pesos, about $161.00 CAD).
He feels Roy should have a Test at a Nuclear Medicine Dept., in a nutshell it is basically a nuclear stress test, where they inject some stuff into his veins and it travels throughout his body and then they can see if there is or is not a blockage. It is of course more involved that this; but that is the short of it.
He is basically feeling fine, no pain or anything; but has zero energy so there must be something going on somewhere.
Not sure when I will update on this again, I guess whenever I have something to say.
Have a good weekend everyone.
The cost of the stress test and Dr. consult was 2000.00 pesos, about $161.00 CAD).
He feels Roy should have a Test at a Nuclear Medicine Dept., in a nutshell it is basically a nuclear stress test, where they inject some stuff into his veins and it travels throughout his body and then they can see if there is or is not a blockage. It is of course more involved that this; but that is the short of it.
He is basically feeling fine, no pain or anything; but has zero energy so there must be something going on somewhere.
Not sure when I will update on this again, I guess whenever I have something to say.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)