Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Been A While

It has been a long time and now where do I start?  I have been feeling guilty about not updating on here and then I think where do I begin, and so delay once more.

We have been busy with everyday things, a couple of group coffees/dinners, finishing art class, doing some sewing and of course the Festival Mar Bermejo.

I decided not to take the summer course art class this year, as I find 4 classes a week for a month just too much.  I was told there was also going to be a class in printing, that I am interested in and I faltered in my decision; but held fast.  Then I found out there was a photography class also and almost caved as I really want to learn more about photography, sadly the class was already in progress for a week and I decided to skip starting it in the middle.

Instead we have been attending many of the events of the week long Mar Bermejo Festival, which commemorates the 13 of July battle in which the Mexican forces overcame the French who were trying to overtake the port city.

They had tons of events going on, concerts, an art walk, theatre, movies, etc..

We attended a movie, a few concerts, did the majority of the art walk and just enjoyed the whole event.  It gets better every year.

One of the members of our photography group also belongs to a music group so we went to hear them the night they played.







We attended a Baptism Party, which was fun also.



















So that's a bit of an update for now.  I will post more photos of the Art Walk on the Art Blog.

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Welcome back.

Is your photography class in English or Spanish?

Brenda Maas said...

Steve: I decided not to take the photography class as they were already into by 1 week and as it is 4 days a week I figured I would have missed too much.
The photography group I belong to is in Spanish, actually everything I do here is in Spanish lol as there is nothing offered in Guaymas in English.

Shannon said...

I was surprised to hear the band doing Paul McCartney. They did a pretty good job too.

Brenda Maas said...

Shannon: they actually do a lot of songs in English as they do a lot of the 60's, 70's, 80's rock songs. I think they do a pretty good job as it is difficult to sing in a language that you don't speak/understand. I asked our friend tonight if he translates the songs first to get a feeling for the song and he said yes.